Winner is Nikkapotamus –> email me with your address and I’ll pop this in the mail.
Welcome to week 7 of â€”> Happy Book Day to You ~ the Series
Can you believe it is week 7? Time flies … it surely does!
Do you remember way back in December, I held a Happy Book Day Giveaway on my birthday? Well I enjoyed it so much (because books are my favorite thing), I thought Iâ€™d make it a weekly occurrence. For the next several weeks you can count on a â€˜Happy Book Day to You ~ the Seriesâ€™ giveaway every Tuesday.
THE QUEEN’S FOOL (by Philippa Gregory)
I like Philippa Gregory, and I enjoyed THE QUEEN’S FOOL, but I have to say I am tired of 16th century women and SICK to DEATH of 16th Century MEN. Bleck! Good riddance. I would have been beaten to a pulp and then burned at the stake if I’d been born in any century prior to the 20th. The hygiene gets to me too. I need some good 21st century smut. Good ‘clean’ (no lice, no leeches), feminist smut.
Here’s the author synopsis of ‘THE QUEEN’S FOOL':
At a time when an innocent woman could be burned for heresy or strangled for witchcraft, to spy on the queen for the love of a traitor was the most dangerous choice of all.
Into a Tudor court on the brink of treason comes Hannah, a young Jewish girl on the run from the Inquisition. Sworn into the service of a handsome Robert Dudley, he sends her as a Holy Fool to spy on Princess Mary Tudor, the forgotten heir to King Edward’s throne. Instead of the tyrant of popular legend, Hannah finds a woman waiting for her chance and only wanting the best for the kingdom – while her sister Elizabeth waits to take advantage of any mistakes, and longs for her death.
Caught in the lifelong enmity between the rival daughters of Henry VIII, torn between her infatuation with Dudley and duty to her family, thrilled by her own rare gifts, but scared of the unknown, Hannah must find a safe way through dangerous times. Times in which she is both key witness and key player, when the wrong religion is a death sentence, science and magic are one, and true love can mean death.
Some simple rules and things to remember:
1. This book is second hand. Iâ€™ve read it, I liked it and I am giving it to you. It may possibly have coffee rings or warped pages from sitting on my night stand. Call me cheap, or call me environmentally friendly, Iâ€™m not bothered either way.
2. Consider passing it forward when you are done, you could even have a giveaway! Remember, what goes around comes around.
3. You must come back here to see if you are the winner. I wonâ€™t track you down, if you wait to long â€¦ I might lend it to a friend or a neighbor and then YOU are out of luck. You need to email me with your address, once I receive it I will pop it in the mail to you at my convenience.
4. To be eligible to win, you need to leave a comment on this post. Iâ€™ll pick a winner sometime on Friday, March 13th, 2009.
5. Tell a friendâ€”> this isnâ€™t really a rule, but it would be really nice. wink
**NOTE: this is not a paid advertisement — they’re my books and I am giving one of them away — because I am nice like that — just saying!**