Comments Closed – the winner is: Madeline – email me Madeline @ kim (at) mommyknows (dot) com
Welcome to week 5 of â€”> Happy Book Day to You ~ the Series
Do you remember way back in December, I held a Happy Book Day Giveaway on my birthday? Well I enjoyed it so much (because books are my favorite thing), I thought Iâ€™d make it a weekly occurrence. For the next several weeks you can count on a â€˜Happy Book Day to You ~ the Seriesâ€™ giveaway every Tuesday.
the gatecrasher (by Madeleine Wickham)
Here’s the author synopsis of ‘the gatecrasher’:
Everything’s coming up roses for Fleur Daxeny, as she goes through more rich men than she does designer hats….if that’s humanly possible. Beautiful, charming, and utterly irresistible, her success at crashing funerals to find wealthy men is remarkable. But behind Fleurâ€™s Harvey Nichols wardrobe, is a woman with a mysterious past. Fleur wastes no time in seducing her latest conquest, the handsome and rich widower Richard Favour, and she swoops into his life like a designer-clad tornado. His children are caught up in a whirlwind as their father’s new girlfriend descends on the family estate leaving chaos and excitement in her perfume-scented wake. Soon, more than one family member is suspicious of Fleur’s true intentions. Fleur is not one to wear her heart on her Chanel sleeves, but she soon finds herself embracing Richard and his lovable family. But just as Fleur contemplates jumping off the gold-digger train for good and enjoying the ride of true love, a long-buried secret from her past threatens to destroy her new family.
I haven’t finished this book yet, so I can’t tell you what I think! I’ll have it done by Thursday, just in time to end the contest and choose a winner (randomly).
Some simple rules and things to remember:
1. This book is second hand. Iâ€™ve read it, I liked it and I am giving it to you. It may possibly have coffee rings or warped pages from sitting on my night stand. Call me cheap, or call me environmentally friendly, Iâ€™m not bothered either way.
2. Consider passing it forward when you are done, you could even have a giveaway! Remember, what goes around comes around.
3. You must come back here to see if you are the winner. I wonâ€™t track you down, if you wait to long â€¦ I might lend it to a friend or a neighbor and then YOU are out of luck. You need to email me with your address, once I receive it I will pop it in the mail to you at my convenience.
4. To be eligible to win, you need to leave a comment on this post. Iâ€™ll pick a winner sometime on Thursday, February 26th, 2009.
5. Tell a friendâ€”> this isnâ€™t really a rule, but it would be really nice. wink
What book do you have on the go right now? Would you recommend it?
**NOTE: this is not a paid advertisement — they’re my books and I am giving one of them away — because I am nice like that — just saying!**